ATIRAcredit is extremely concerned with your security and takes all reasonable measures to ensure the information you entrust with us stays secure. But this process requires a partnership. Below is a list of security measures we take and a list of highly suggested personal security actions you should consider to better keep yourself protected.
We will never send you an email asking for your account number or password. If you receive an email asking for this information, please report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and then delete the email from your inbox.
WHAT WE DO TO PROTECT YOUR SECURITY:
- We encrypt all customer data ensuring you have the highest level of protection.
- We have a comprehensive firewall put in place to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
- We limit your account information strictly to employees who must have access for business purposes.
- If you change your address, we will send a notification letter both to your past and current address.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO BE IN CHARGE OF YOUR PERSONAL SECURITY:
- If you lose your card, believe it is stolen, or suspect fraud, please call 888.4.ATIRA.1 immediately.
- Install and frequently update anti virus, anti spyware, anti spam and personal firewall software on your personal computer, only access your account from a computer with these protective measures.
- Order credit checks on yourself, you may order up to three free per year by visiting http://www.annualcreditreport.com/.
- Do not mail checks or sensitive documents in an unlocked mailbox, switch to paperless statements to limit your mail exposure.
- Shred all sensitive documents before disposal.
- Keep current on scams and fraudulent activity, the Attorney General usually keeps a list of the most pervasive scams.
- Do not carry your social security card, birth certificate or passport unnecessarily. Leave these in a safety deposit box or another safe place.